Sunday 2 March 2014

POEM FOR A BLUES HARMONICA





DOCTOR KEITH ARMSTRONG AT THE CORK JAZZ FRINGE FESTIVAL 2008
WITH 'THE HONEYFEET'






(for Ad van Emmerik)

























Keith Armstrong and Ad van Emmerik performing at the Bierreclame Musuem, Breda, The Netherlands


A poem is an organ of the mouth,
a verse I suck and blow.
It sings from my heart on the wind,
it breathes with my life.

I place my poetry between my lips,
like licking my girl-friend’s breasts.
I smoke it like a cigar
and squeeze the good juice from it.

My poetry is a fire,
it screams blues murders.
I craft it with my gentle fingers
and shout it around the world.

This poem is a drink wet with rhyme,
a harp in a rowdy beer museum.
I am a drunk whose rhymes stagger,
my words are music in your ear.




Keith Armstrong





Toots Thielemans